I've been playing chess for 24 hours without even sleeping ,eating and such and such. It had been 15 years and 2 seconds since I played chess last time.I don't know why I downloaded that chess app to my iPhone and been playing it for that long.can not explain why. I just couldn't stop it.All my honesty,It was so much fun.

I kept losing and losing.Though I hardly lose when I play with human ,I hardly defeated my phone.I clearly saw my own learning curve.My top concentration came about when it passed about 15 hours and then,I kept losing and losing.I let inertia win.

There is the world of pure logic on the black and white board.It's a simplified real world minus our art of right brain. and I was playing with a computer.Matters of the feelings or emotions have nothing to do with it at all.
It's beautiful.One bishop is on white.The other bishop is on black.One queen is on white,and the other one is on black.Through the long history and millions of the players,it's perfectly designed and sophisticated.I was mesmerized by the pure simple / perfect logical world.

As I was playing it for 24 hours with a little bit of intervals needed for biological demands ,I noted down something that could be useful for the other half of the world every time it came across in my mind.Here I note them.




1.Game makes my eyes tired.



s Natural.





2.It does not start until you take an action,whatever it is.



This is very natural too.but we hardly recognize this in everyday life.Train comes.It gets dark.You spend.You are paid.but Even if it's a tiny little change,it never comes until you move the pawn.Sure you must THINK before that.





3.There is no problem.There is just a situation.



This is a quote from the movie "Revolver" of Guy Ritchie.I have never met anyone who liked that movie but I love it ,and it also talks about chess.
We have "a problem".We feel a certain signal in our head.It must be our instinct since when we were chased by a saber tiger or had to flee starvation. but problems that we have in our modern life is not really like them.I mean,we are not a specific pawn or bishop on the board.We don't need to worry about being taken.It's not the theme of the game.





4.Nothing means a thing.



Everything has multiple meanings.It is linked to #3.You could take the knight but it might have been "a stopper" of the queen behind.Taking a knight is not the theme of the game.It's also useful to bind your enemy by their own limbs.Read the entire situation.





5.It is there because it has to be there.



Moving a pawn changes the whole situation.Everything is there because the situation requires it to be there.The next action therefore has to be aimed,designed,and thought.





6.There are a lot of "blind spots" of thought.



My advantage must have been my "creativity". and my enemy,computer's advantage must be its calculation capability.In other word,I could make a strategy but my opponent was just reading the potential scenario with the only one goal,which is to checkmate.I should have taken the initiative but I kept losing.Why? I guess it was because I try to take a strategy.There is/was no way of making a strategy.I just wanted to see a reality where I can play it strategically.My brain only collected facts to make myself "believe" that everything is going alright,when nothing was going alright.
I found my brain is completely useless to see a thing without a goggle. Whether it's a wishful thinking or a anxiety,it blinds us.We see only what we want to see.That is why we must know there is no problem,there is just a situation.Don't listen to your own inner voice.It was helpful millions of years ago but not anymore.






By my art works or blogs,I've been always telling our old instinct is not useful in modern society anymore.However,I found myself unable to evolve from a stupid monkey as I was at chess with the perfect left brain ambassador,my phone.heh
It's a symbolic world of logic but it helps me understand the world more simply.



Leave a Reply

About

My photo
Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan
WELCOME I do visual poetry. If you are interested in ,please take a contact at shoppingagent.egru"at"gmail.com . Also ,if you are a photographer or a designer and want to collaborate ,please take a contact too . I'm mid 20s,living in Japan.interested in internet business,art,etc.. what art ? photo,paintings,music and whatever. I like things from early 20th century. I run an online shop at here.http://www.jp-angama.com/ They usually mistake it,but this is not a normal online shop.I don't sell you a roll of toilet paper.I SUPPLY you with Japanese items.If you seek for a stable supply source,please do let me know at the email above.I also invest small amount of money into well talented online business owners.If you are interested in..you already know. and I assist a deviant art group at here too.http://iori404.deviantart.com/ Please say hello to me at there too. Thanks!